We're hiring one seasonal worker! October 17 2016
Do you live and breathe Japanese Lolita fashion? Do you love interacting with all different types of people from around the world? Come work for us!
We are looking for one new shop assistant for the holiday season (roughly early November through late January). You will work for both the BABY, the Stars Shine Bright and Tokyo Rebel stores doing general retail work, including but not limited to helping customers, ringing up sales, and cleaning cleaning cleaning! You will also be writing blog posts and posting to other social media, starring in our YouTube videos, as well as entering products into our POS system and performing other retail-related tasks as needed. Meanwhile, you will dress the part, wearing our brands during your shifts to show our store visitors just how amazing this fashion can look.
* You must be at least 18 years old
* You must be legally eligible to work in the US (either a US citizen or on a valid work visa)
* You must be well-versed in the fashion we sell
* You must be close enough to us to be able to get to work on time without exception
* You must be friendly and eager to "dress up" in the fashion during your work shifts
* You must be prepared to work around holidays (we are closed on holidays but open on the days surrounding them)
* You must be able to work at least one day on the weekend
Preferred but not required:
* Previous retail experience
* Your own wardrobe of clothes representing one of our brands
* Social media experience (personal experience is fine)
This is a part-time position, two to three days per week. Shifts are generally from 12:30-8pm.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject JOB APPLICATION
If you have one, attaching a photo of yourself wearing one of our brands will help us to gauge your coordination skills and interest in the clothes we sell. This photo can be neck down if you prefer. Your knowledge and personal sense of style are important parts of this job. Please do not send us any photos of yourself not wearing Japanese fashion - we are only interested in seeing how you wear the clothes.
To those who have applied in the past, if you are still interested, please send us any updates to your resume and cover letter so we know you would still like to be considered.
We will only contact those who are selected for an interview.
Thanks in advance to all applicants!